A Step 2 Reading and Training graded reader by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and retold by Frederick Garland. Published by Black Cat. In this story, which inspired King Kong and Jurassic Park, a team of brave explorers set out for a‘lost world’ in the middle of the Amazon rain forest.
This reader uses the EXPANSIVE READING approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story, this reader contains:
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) activities
• Dossiers: ‘The Lost World’: a New Kind of Story and others
• PET-style and Trinity-style activities (Grade 5)
• A full recording of the text